Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Do you love desserts?



I'm not really big on desserts. I won't say no if you give them to me, but I really won't go out of my way for them. Nor would I order them along with meals.

But my wife loves them. And I love my wife.

She's been telling me about this place somewhere in Banawe that offered eat-all-you-can dessert menu called Love Desserts. A couple of weeks back, we managed to pass by it on our way to have lunch with my parents at Everything At Steak. We promised to go back there, and last weekend, we did, to see if they offered pastry catering for our son's birthday. Turns out they only did so in their shop. They don't do caterings outside.

Still, we decided to eat there since the wifey's always wanted to try it out.

Eat all you can desserts. Not for the faint of heart or a diabetic


The buffet starts at 199php, including drinks, which is a big plus. So if you're really into desserts, you'll find yourself in nirvana. We arrived around 3:40pm (the waitresses write it down on a piece of paper attached to your table's menu centerpiece), so the place is nearly full. We were lucky that there was a free table at the back, but we transferred to a larger table in front of the buffet set up when it freed up.

The cafe is really small and quaint. It can fit around 20 persons, but you'll bump into people maneuvering around the place. Parking up front is good for 3 cars, but there are other parking slots that are shared with the other establishments around the building.

Now onto the buffet itself. There were several pastries being offered, but I only managed to taste a few before I got my sugar-fill for the year. I tried my palates against cream puffs, eclairs, pork empanadas, silvanas, a shot glass filled with dessert I didn't know what it was called, and some cheese sticks.

I'm not sure what's in the shot glass. But it seemed like it had some kiwi in it. And to its right is a pork empanada. And at the bottom is a silvana. The crumbs are what remains of its twin I had murdered.

Cheese sticks! and mayo! Who'd thunk they're desserts?
Everything was good. I can't remember if anything stood out. But I really don't have a sweet tooth. I'm more into salty food, which is why I liked the cheese sticks.

I forgot what other pastries they served, so I'll just update this post after I ask my wife if she remembers the other desserts.

I do remember that they have halo halo, milk tea, ice tea, milk shakes, and ice cream as well, which includes a selection of toppings you can put on it.

They do serve sandwiches not included in the buffet. I saw a hamburger, but didn't bother to look at the rest of the menu as I was craving me some ramen at the time.

You're allowed to stay for around 2 hours, so we left by 6pm. At that time, there were still 3 groups of people waiting outside despite customers coming and going. I guess Love Desserts is pretty popular around the area, especially with the younger crowds. The price is just about right, great location and pretty warm staff.

0 comments:

Post a Comment