Sunday, December 8, 2013

Santa Meets Thirdy, Announces This is Best Christmas Evarr!

December 8, 2013, Chea and I, were bringing Thirdy up to Antipolo from Q.C.

But before that, I wanted to look around for a Christmas tree first. Chea and I have been married for 8 years already, but we never had a big Christmas tree of our own.  Since we live next door to my parents, we just celebrate the Noche Buena over at their place, and put the presents under their tree.

However, Thirdy's almost 2 years old, and it's high time that we have our own.

We went to the Divine Word columbarium first to visit my brother. After that, I was thinking of heading to Robinson's Magnolia for the Toys R' Us sale, which ends December 8. But Chea, wanted to go to Shangri-La Mall in Mandaluyong and see their new wing. It's been open a few months already but we haven't been, so I agreed.

We arrived sometime before 1pm, and proceeded to look around the new wing. There are still a few unopened shops, but most of them are already doing business. Most of the establishments are the expensive variety. There's even a Vertu boutique.

After an hour or so, Chea and I were already hungry, and opted to try out Chops. I had my reservations about trying the place, since steaks are expensive. But it was basically just the two of us (and Thirdy), so I guess I wouldn't be paying too much for the meal. I'll write about it on another time.

So after the late lunch, we decided to check out Rustan's for the Christmas tree, and Chea wanted to look for a pair of shoes for Thirdy, since his current pair of closed-toe shoes are already tight.

So we went to the children's section of Rustan's, which was fortunately at the same floor as their Christmas decors. There weren't any prices on the trees as most of them were already decorated, but a question with a sales guy told us that the plastic trees were upwards of 12,000 pesos. Pricey.

While Chea looked around for Thirdy's shoes, I also looked around for gifts for my favorite niece and nephew. After picking out their gifts and the shoes, we went up to the next floor to pay for it and have it wrapped.

But during the time we were looking around for the gifts, we saw this. It looks like Santa's visiting Rustan's.


We never had this when I was growing up

We finished paying at about 3:30 pm. Santa was scheduled to visit at 5 pm. I kept thinking it was too long a wait, but then again, we probably wouldn't have a chance again this year since most of the coming weekends will have us going all over Metro Manila, but it's unlikely we will be back at a Rustan's since most of our Christmas shopping are done.

Santa has a very busy schedule with Rustan's. 

We decided to wait on Santa while the gifts were being wrapped. At around 4:20pm, I headed down to the area with Thirdy, while Chea waited on the gifts. By around 4:40pm, there was already a short line. Thirdy and I were second in line.

Chea arrived a few minutes later with the shopping bags.

At 5pm, Santa appeared. I have a video of him arriving, but I haven't gotten around on trimming it down to size and flipping it over (I was shooting the video in portrait on an Iphone 5).

After a couple of minutes, the family in front of me were finished, and it was Chea and Thirdy's turn. Unfortunately, it seems Thirdy is scared of people in costumes except for some mascots I guess (Jollibee's his favorite). I was able to only get a couple of shots off as Thirdy started to wail. I hope neither Santa Claus and Thirdy get traumatized on their first meetup because Thirdy'll be back next year.

Thirdy eyeing Santa suspiciously
And there goes Thirdy. :D


Chea asked if she and Thirdy could get a picture with one of the Rustan's employees in Nut Cracker outfits. The Rustan's people were more than happy to do so, here's a couple of the shots.

I don't think Thirdy likes people's faces being hidden

Thirdy's probably eyeing the hat


After that, Chea saw Rustan's Christmas decoration on their main entrance at the ground floor so we went down and took a few more pictures there.

What's better than teddy bears? Polar bears!
They shouldve placed a Coke bottle somewhere. :D


We then headed out and dropped Thirdy off at Antipolo and went home to Q.C.




0 comments:

Post a Comment