Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Of bedtimes and lullabies

Thirdy loves music.

I think that's the reason why he loves watching commercials. Especially the ones with the catchy tunes. Just one perky note, and he goes off with his crazy little dance moves.

So it's no wonder, that it takes music to calm him down.

Whenever I need to put him to sleep, all I have to do is queue his two favorite songs: Moon River by Tanya Donelly and Rainbow Connection by Trespassers William, both from the Sing Me to Sleep - Indie Lullabies album. Crazy right?

You can get the album from Amazon and Itunes


It was Chea's sister who found out that those songs somehow calms him down, way back when he was a few months old.

And now, at 22 months, it's those two songs that still puts him to sleep.

Lately, he's been accustomed to having me carry him, and then sing him those songs. I admit, I'm not the best singer out there, but somehow he likes being sung to.

Here's to the next few years of having someone not complaining of my singing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment