Thursday, February 6, 2014

The Spectacular Vocabulary of Thirdy

I don't think I get to blog too much about my son, Azriel Manuel Galecio aka Thirdy. I guess it's because most guys my age are too invested in the now. We live it, instead of writing about it.

So when I spend time with my son, it's really about spending it with him. And when I'm not, there are other things that I still do: work, watch the tons of movies and tv shows that I download, read, draw, and eat. There are stuff that I no longer get to do as much as I want to, like photography, develop apps for my own, cook, build things with my own hand, and even blogging. So when I do get to write, it never gets to be about something or someone else but me.

Still, I did start this blog for my son and future children. So they can read about their dear old dad and what it was like for me having them in my life.

Now back to Thirdy. At 19 months, Thirdy's at what I call the Parrot Phase. The reason is that he's repeating basically some of the words that we're telling him. And they're almost clear and complete when he says them.

My adorable son, Thirdy, at 21 months. 


But before I go there, I mentioned about the phases Thirdy's gone through. There was that Sticking Out His Tongue phase, starting when he was about 3 months old. That was due to some of his baby teeth coming out.

There was his Bouncy Phase, when he was almost a year old, when he could stand up by holding the sides of his crib, and then he'd bounce crazily for a few seconds.

There's his Screaming Phase, where he'd scream at the top of his lungs, probably amused with the attention he gets when he does it.

The Walk and Grab Phase, when he'd walk around like a drunk guy and just grab whatever he can lay his hand on, like an old drunk pervert. 

Then there's that Throwing Phase,  where he throws all his toys, which is why we've amassed a ton of plushies.

And now he's at that Parrot Phase, that basically finds Thirdy repeating whatever we said. I guess it started a few months back already, when he was able to enunciate Tatay and Nanay (Chea and I preferred being called this) very clearly. He calls Chea's parents Mama and Papa, while he calls mine, Lolow and Oya (I don't understand why he cant pronounce Lola correctly when he can say Lolo).

Then there's Anchie (Aunt Chie, Chea's sister), Tin (Kuya Justine, his cousin), Rona (his yaya), TaFe (Tita Fe, Chea's aunt).

Then there's Abee/Jabee (Jollibee), Dodo (McDonalds). Right now, he's starting to enunciate some of the words he hears from us correctly, like Promise (He got that from watching Honesto), Morning, Dog, Ming (Cat), Fish (currently his favorite animal. He loves the Kois at Divine Word columbarium, not to mention our stay at H2O hotel in Manila, which I'll blog about soon, and watching Youtube videos with fishes).

Just earlier he repeated the word "apat" when my mom said it while talking to one of my nieces. He still says "Mik" when he wants his milk though. And he says a hard "Kok" whenever he sees me drinking something dark colored.

He knows "moon" and he regularly says it out loud while looking upwards whenever we're outside. He says "Keys" when he sees us getting ready to go out. He says "opis" when he's asked where we are when we're not at home. He really likes his shoes, because when he wears one, it means we're going out, so he often calls out "choos" and starts looking for them.

One of his favorite words is "swim", since he really loves the water.

But even training him to use English, he's still saying a lot of Tagalog words he's picking up whenever people are talking around him like "karga" or "abas" (labas). "Ayaw" is one of the first Tagalog words he learned and keeps on using it. Then there's "indi" (Hindi).



Anyway, it's fun that he's starting to learn to use words. At least we're able to communicate with him especially when he's uncomfortable and he says words like "poopoo". He's even starting to sing with me, when I sing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star to him (whereas he just used to open and close his hands mimicking the actions taught to him at that Music Learning school Chea used to bring him to). Of course, none of the the things that came out from his lips were actual words, but he really likes music (he always dances when he hears them, at least now, he's singing too).

Can't wait to hear him say "I Love you Nanay" and "I Love you Tatay" clearly.

0 comments:

Post a Comment