Sunday, October 26, 2014

Pink Ribbon Sale at The Bench Tower

Last October 25, 2014, a Saturday, Chea, Tita Fe and Thirdy went to the annual Halloween party of Rockwell. I begged off since I was tired from the previous week and wanted to sleep in. That night, Chea told me that they passed by Bench Tower at Bonifacio Global City for a sale. She mentioned that there were some good bargains there especially Charles and Keith bags that were being sold for only 1000 pesos.

When I checked a retail shop, they usually sell the bags at 5,000 pesos so I thought that was a pretty good bargain, and it was a good christmas gift option for the females in our family.

So the next day, Chea and I dropped by the Bench Tower again, after bringing Thirdy to Antipolo to stay at his grandparents til after All Souls' Day.

Sign outside the building


We arrived a little before 3pm and went straight to the sale.



Near the entrance you have the local brands sale. We skipped that and went straight to the other side, which had the foreign brands. The middle part, in front of the cashiers, had the premium brands so they're expensive, so we didn't bother to look at them.

Premium brands. Pass!

Mothercare! Chea had already bought something for Thirdy the other day.

As soon as we got in, Chea and I already separated while I was taking some pictures. There were a lot of people so it took a while for me to find Chea. I went to look at the American Eagle Outfitters section first, since that's the men's brand I'm a bit familiar with, owning a single t-shirt. Lol.

There's a good selection of t-shirts, short pants and jeans
There were some shorts for sale at American Eagle Outfitters. Unfortunately, the tags indicated full price. The shorts cost around 2,500 pesos. Ouch. I tried to look for some discount tags so I just gave up. The jeans didn't have price tags, while the t-shirts cost about 499 pesos and above. There were only a few designs available, for the shorts, jeans and t-shirts. I didn't feel like coughing up 500 pesos for a t-shirt that day, so I walked away dejected.

Shoes!
Beside the American Eagle Outfitters section was Aldo. I wasn't planning on buying shoes so I skipped that part and went to the Celio display. I also have one long sleeved polo shirt from Celio, so I took a quick look. It was mostly t-shirts and long-sleeved shirts. Most of the long sleeved shirts were sold at 999 pesos, so I was a bit turned off by the price. They're actually a bargain especially with some of the designs, but I decided to take a look around first before deciding to getting anything.


Cotton On on one end, Celio on the other.

I then looked for Chea and later I found her near the Charles and Keith displays. I asked her to get a bag as a gift for my mom and my sister, so we spent quite some time there.

Pretty good bargains at Charles and Keith.

We ended up getting a black leather bag and a beige bag. Both were sold at 999 pesos, so they're a steal somewhat. They don't come with boxes, but they have dust bags. Now, I only need to buy a gift for my dad and Gerry for Christmas.

Chea couldn't find a bag that she likes. So she concentrated on shoes.

I continued looking around the place.

No shoes for me for now.
I'm not familiar with F & X, but the guy in the picture is a former co-worker of mine. Lol.

Some delicates. Teehee!

I went back to the Celio display after giving it some thought. I have two long sleeved shirts at the moment ( since I'm more of a t-shirt and polo-shirt kind of guy), which I barely wear since I wear barongs to work. I sometimes use them on Fridays and a few occasions, so having another one or two wouldn't hurt. And to be honest, long sleeved shirts are usually in the thousand peso range nowadays, so the 999 peso price tag isn't too unreasonable.

I looked for a couple that I like, and found that the design is pretty nice and the quality is good as well. I picked out four shirts, but decided to just get two.

One's 599, the other's 999 pesos. Those are pretty good prices.
Chea bought about five shoes (I think), and they're Charles and Keith to boot (pun intended), at discounted prices and it was just 4pm. I actually felt that we were there for hours already. We queued to pay at the counter. There were about four cashiers so the wait wasn't terribly long.

Time to pay the piper, i mean, cashier

At the cashier, we had an option to pay using a BDO credit card which allowed us to pay it in installments. For around 3,000 pesos, you have an option of 3 month installment, and for 10,000 and above, 6 months. And another good news was that payment would start next year. Yey for BDO!

When we got outside, there were freebies for those using BDO Bench credit card. Too bad we didn't have that. One could never have too many umbrellas.



Also, they gave out free drinks for the customers. Kinda like the Sterling sale in Bulacan.

I usually buy the orange variety during grocery trips

It was past four when we left, so we decided to have an early dinner. We ended up at El Chupacabra in Makati, very near Chea's office. But that's a blog entry for another day.




0 comments:

Post a Comment