Thursday, October 24, 2013

The Long Search for a Sound Bar - Part III

October 13,2013, we brought Thirdy down from Antipolo after a three week stay at his grandparents.

I wanted to drop by Robinson's Galleria since there was a sale coming up (October 15 - 20) and I wanted to see what sales they already have. Honestly, I haven't been inside Robinson's Galleria for so long despite me working just a few buildings over near El Pueblo.

I was with Chea and Tita Fe (and Thirdy of course) when we went through all the floors, nooks and crannies of the mall. They've expanded and rennovated through the years, so there were quite a few areas that were new to me.

I wanted to look through the electronic shops in Galleria for a sound bar. So from the parking, there was an Abenson's so we checked that first. There was this really big home theater with about 4 floor stand speakers that I think were about 5 feet high, a subwoofer, a center speaker, and a floor standing control panel. It was tempting at only 12,000 pesos, despite it being a 2007 model.

I did a google search just now, and the model looks like the Samsung HT-TWQ120.

I wouldn't mind this 2007 model

I was really sorely tempted about this. I'm not an audiophile, but this looks like it will pack a lot of punch. The control panel is also touch digital.

Unfortunately, it's a bit bulky. We live in a small house so I don't think I'd have enough space to put these in. Not to mention, there will be a lot of wires going around, which is why I wanted to go with a soundbar, which just needs two.

The sales guy who was attending to me, tried to put the model down saying it was a 2007 model, but still, I thought it was a steal at only around 12k.

Anyway, we left and did all the floors of Robinson's Galleria. We spent most of the time looking at some women's shoes (Chea and Tita Fe mostly) and some kiddie stores.

We spent a lot of time at a MotherCare shop since Chea bought Thirdy some clothes, and her other godchildren as well.

Thirdy was his usual hyperactive self, so I had to chase him around the store. It's good that the place is a bit spacious, and there were a lot of aisles to get lost in, so I had to keep Thirdy near all the time. The sales people were very helpful and attentive, so it's always a pleasure buying from their stores.

I forgot to take a shot of the store since I was holding Thirdy most of the time, but here's a shot of the paperbags. How about a little love for the dads out there?

A shot of an OshKosh store. We used to come away with something whenever they're on sale, but not this time.
We passed by a Robinson's Appliance Center, so I went in for a quick look. I was pleasantly surprised with what I found inside. They had about 6 models of soundbars, the largest collection from all the electronics and appliance shops I've visited.

They had about 2 LG models, and 3 Philips models and even a Promac, which only cost less than 2,000 pesos. I was actually tempted to get the Promac brand just so I could finally own a soundbar. But then again, I thought I should check if it's cheaper to get it from the store, or order the same models online, such as from Amazon. I think I could wait a couple of months more before finally getting one if it means I could get a better option.

We were getting hungry by then so we decided to look around for a place to eat. Since we were nearer to the top floor, we decided to check out the food establishments there.

At the far end, we found Sci Fi cafe. We decided to eat there since it was new to us and I don't think there are other branches we could try out. It's rare enough as it is that we go to Robinsons' Galleria so it's unlikely that we'll get another chance to try it out.

Oooh. Bright lights.
After our late lunch, we decided to head home to get some rest.


0 comments:

Post a Comment